TU offers following MSc programmes of two years duration (4 Semesters):
(i) MSc (Biotechnology)
(ii) MSc (Chemistry)
(iii) MSc (Mathematics and Computing)
(iv) MSc (Microbiology)
(v) MSc (Physics)
GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING MSc ENTRANCE TESTS INCLUDING ENTRANCE TEST SYLLABI
I MSc (BIOTECHNOLOGY)/ MSc (MICROBIOLOGY) ENTRANCE TEST
The entrance examination will be of 1.5 hours duration. The question paper shall consist of 75 multiple choice questions divided into three sections viz. Section I, Section II and Section III. All questions will be of Level of B.Sc. (10+2+3).
Section I will have questions from Chemistry and would be compulsory section to be answered by all candidates. Section II will have questions from Mathematics and Physics while Section III will have questions from Biology. The candidates have an option to answer questions from either Section II or Section III. Each question shall carry 1 mark and 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS FOR PAPER
SECTION I: CHEMISTRY (Compulsory)
1. Small drops of water assume spherical shape because
(a) Water having low density (b) Surface tension
(c) Viscosity (d) density
2. Chemical reaction takes place at the anode is
(a) Reduction (b) oxidation
(c) Ionization (d) hydrolysis
3. Which of the following compound will give a hydrocarbon on treatment with Grignard’s reagent?
(a) Ethyl Alcohol (b) Formaldehyde
(c) Acetaldehyde (d) Acetone
4. Which is 2,3-dimethylbutane?
SECTION II: BIOLOGY
1. Extra chromosomal DNA is found in
(a) Ribosome’s (b) Lysosomes
(c) Mitochondria (d) Golgi body
2. Sickle cell anemia is caused by
(a) Viral infection of red blood cells (b) amino acid substitution in the
(c) Excessive diphosphoglycerate (d) deficiency in brain
3. Which of the following peptide hormones is produced by posterior pituitary?
(a) Insulin (b) Glucagon
(c) ACTH (d) Vasopressin
4. Which one of the following is not associated with protein synthesis?
(a) Ribosomes (b) Proteasomes
(c) mRNA (d) tRNA
SECTION III: MATHEMATICS & PHYSICS
1. The resistance that must be placed in parallel with 12 ohms to reduce the combine resistance to 4 ohms is
(a) 6 ohms (b) 16 ohms
(c) 8 ohms (d) 03 ohms
2. If b
(c) a=c (d) a>c
3. If the side of a square is increased by 10% then its area is increased by?
(a) 20% (b) 12%
(c) 121% (d) 21%
4. The equation (x-1)-2/ (x-1)= -2/(x-1) has
(a) One root (b) a double root
(c) No roots (d) a root with a non-zero imaginary part
For details visit: http://www.thapar.edu/
About Thapar University
Thapar University has impressively grown in size and activities during the last five decades of its existence. Nearly 10,500 engineers have left its portals so far, distinguishing themselves as proud Thaparians in diverse fields in our country and aboard. As a fitting recognition of its pioneering role in promoting the growth and development both at National and International levels, Thapar University was granted full autonomy and the status of a Deemed University in 1985 UGC.
Tags: Thapar University Sample Questions MSc Entrance Test Syllabus sample question paper papers msc entrance exam entrance examination msc course syllabus download admission form download admission date dates forms