GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING MCA ENTRANCE TEST INCLUDING ENTRANCE TEST SYLLABUS
Duration of Test: 3 Hrs
No. of Questions : 150
Section-I: Mathematics (60 Questions)
1. Geometry: Two-Dimensional; straight lines, circles and conic sections, Three-Dimensional; straight lines and spheres.
2. Algebra: Set theory, Relations, Mappings and its applications, Permutations and Combinations.
3. Calculus: Limits, Continuity and Differentiability, Rolle's and Mean value theorems, Differentiation, Partial Differentiation, Maxima and Minima of functions of one and two variable. Successive differentiation. Integration by using substitution, partial fraction and by parts, Definite integral and its properties, Applications of definite integral to evaluate length and area of simple plane curves.
4. Vector Analysis: Scalar and vector products of two , three and four vectors and their applications.
5. Statistics, Probability and Linear programming: Measures of Central tendency, Dispersion, Skewness and Kurtosis. Correlation and Regression. B a s i c c o n c e p t s o f p r o b a b i l i t y, C o n d i t i o n a l pr o b a b i l i t y, B a y e ' s theorem, Discrete and continuous distributions (Binomial, Poisson, and Normal distributions), Fundamentals of linear programming problems, Graphical solution, Simplex method and its variants.
6. Matrices: Types of matrices rank of a matrix, solution of system of linear equations, Cayley Hamilton theorem, Inverse of a matrix, Determinant and its properties.
7. Numerical Analysis: Solution of non-linear equations using iterative methods, Interpolation
(Newton's, Lagrange's and Forward formulae), Numerical Integration (Trapezoidal and Simpson Rule).
Dwonload syllabus and sample question here:
For details visit: http://www.thapar.edu/
About Thapar University
Thapar University, a premier engineering university, funded and approved by University Grant Commission (UGC) under the section 3 of UGC act, was known as Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology before 2007. It was founded in 1956 by Karam Chand Thapar of the Thapar Group of companies.
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET) is a major institute in the 250-acre (1.0 km2) Thapar Technology Campus (TTC) in the historic city of Patiala.
Other than Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, the Thapar Technology campus also has Thapar Polytechnic, Thapar Centre for Industrial Research and Development.
Tags: Thapar University Admission 2011 MCA Course entrance exam entrance examination notification 2011 notice admission form download admission date syllabus download sample questions mca entrance test syllabus download